Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Big Black Cloud

Yesterday I escaped work for an hour, and found myself enjoying a beautiful afternoon in Boston. This city has truly stolen my heart. I was meeting up with a friend that had also escaped for a lovely afternoon. We were sitting on the steps of the Custom House, and walked through the hoards of people in Faneuil Hall, and then meandered back to respective employment factories. (Ha, I only say that as I work in a building that was once an old Saw Mill.)

As I was walking through the new park that traverses the city in lieu of the I-93, I was noticing that I was walking right towards a large gray cloud that was hanging out just above the Custom House. It never did rain, but once I was sitting at the Custom House for a few moments, it started to move towards work.

I found that very symbolic to the feelings Im having at the moment. Im not really sure what it is, but something is luming overhead. Hum, not exactly sure if I need to run for an umbrella for a downpour about to happen, or if I need to just wait it out, the winds will change, and everything will be fine.

No comments: