Monday, September 15, 2008

Faith

I had a weekend on the random side. I wasnt looking forward to a particular lunch I had plannned with an old friend. We were to talk about religion, and I knew that it wasnt going to be a calm, open, friendly discussion. I should have just cancelled, but didnt.

It was the least unjoyable hour and a half that I have spent in a long, long time. I love my religion with all heart. There isnt anything that anyone can say that will deter me from it. I know that I dont have all the answers when it comes down to specifics. But I think that that has been the reason why I have never whined in my testimony. Im very simple in the idea that I do not have to know all the answers to know where and how I feel peace and happiness in my life.

In the end, lunch was good. Simply because it got me reading into topics and areas that I havent lately. It caused my testimony to grow more. So for that, Thanks Friend.

But I cant say that I will purposely seek out situations that I discuss religion with a Baptist again though!

1 comment:

Amy-Alisa said...

That's exactly how I feel. Trav asked me the other day why I don't doubt the Gospel. I told him it wasn't just one thing, but thousands of experiences, thousands of feelings that make up the whole for me. I have been blessed with a steadfast faith, with a feeling that I can't deny. I have a very simple, but strong testimony and I am happy and confident in my Savior and Heavenly Father. I love your thoughtful posts.