So. In case anyone was thinking that I was sitting back in Connecticut with my feet up eating bon bons all day long, I just wanted to take this time to set the record straight. Here are some pictures to show what I have been up too.
I (helped) laid all the wood floors in the new house. I added helped, as there were other people, but I did assist in every room of the house. Spent many hours working on it all. This picture is from when my brothers were up visiting the first of Aug. Gotta love how everyone is watching my Dad work! Reminds me of what you see when you pass by construction zone.
Ahh. The drum sander. My arch nemesis. I lost feeling in my finger after using this machine for two 8 hr days straight. Not my favorite part of this process. After laying all the floors, we then put epoxy in all the holes and knots. Then had to sand the floors. First using a drum sander, than two other kinds (sorry, dont know the name), before varnishing. Dont worry. Used a buffer between the 3rd and 4th coats of varnish. Must say that I have a love/hate relationship with these floors. They are beautiful. But alot of work. One day Ill post a picture of the final.
1 comment:
Wow. At least now I know who to call when I'm ready to lay down some gorgeous wood in my house. :) That is some impressive working!!
Post a Comment