Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Music

One thing that Boston brought to my life is a love of music, more specifically live music, and of folk (singer/songwriter) music. Ive always loved music previously, and was even known for my cd collection in college. But through the help of roommates and other friends, I found a true love for the passion and talent that sing/songwriters have. There are a few artist in Boston that I would go completely, and still do, out of my way to watch.

There was a time that I was car-less while in Boston and I was borrowing a friends car while he was out of town. I left a mixed cd in the player. His roommate also tended to drive said car, and loved my mix. And this was the start of yearly mixes I would put out. Granted, it only happened for about 2 or 3 years, but I loved doing it. I love sharing my music with others, although I am a little hesitant as I might have a different taste than others.

While I was in Utah, it was brought to my attention that people were missing these little mixes in their life, and asked if I would do it again this year. And Im so grateful to friends that I can share my love of music with and who appreciate my mixes. Even though I have still been finding new stuff in the last few years, I have renewed my efforts and have really been enjoying finding the right songs for this year's mix.

If you have yet to let me know you would like one, leave/email me your address and Ill send you an old school cd! :)

This just might be finding its way to this years mix.

No comments: