Well. Thats where I am this evening. Not really knowing what to share. But feeling like I have a lot on my mind. But what I really wish is that all those that actually read this could be sitting in my living room and we could just share in person the fabulous, and not so fabulous things, that are going on and those things we are thinking, feeling, and dealing with.
Alas, I live hundred of miles from any of you. And most days, Im content to just hear a voice on the other end of the phone. Or to read sweet words that someone either emails or texts me. But then there are days that I would just love a hug from you.
This past weekend, I had the pleasure of going to AZ for a dear friends wedding. I got to bunk with a few of the girls from Manhattan and one of them being someone new. And there was just something so nice about having roommates for a few nights. It was a little slice of heaven amongst the craziness that can be wedding weekends.
I went to my first RS Activity as being apart of a family ward in my Adult years. And as I was walking in to my apartment afterwards, all I could think about was how genuinely happy I felt. I still don't know why Im in Charlotte. I don't have many friends in town. I don't really feel like I absolutely belong. But I feel like me, the most I have felt like me in years. I feel at peace with who I am and where I am in life. Granted, there are still moments that I really wonder if those blessings talked about in my patriartical blessing will ever come or if I messed up somewhere. But Im happy, Im confident, Im content, and Im ready for the rest of my life. Its taken a long time to get here. I know I have so much more to learn. But for now. I am happy.
Here is one of my favorites of the pictures I have yet seen from the wedding:
1 comment:
That's why I don't update as often as I used to. I feel like the things I'm working on are a little more personal and about making me happier with who I am as a person. So, I haven't been feeling like coming up with a bunch of other things to post. Before all that posting was a distraction from myself. Make sense?
Anyway, I wish I could hang out in your living room too. That would be FUN! :)
Post a Comment