Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Homelessness

Ive been homeless for a week now.  Pretty over it.

Been living out of a suitcase for the most part of a month. Over it.

Ready for life in NYC to really begin.  If all things work out as Im hoping at the moment, I will have a place in Harlem.  Yes, yes, Its Harlem.  But until you have been there, you cant knock it.  


For those of you yet apprised of my current state of affairs, first of all, I do apologize for not more formally telling you. But here is the quick run down.  I got an amazing job opportunity in NYC to do what I have been doing for lots more money and more career growth.  So when I left for London, I also had finished my job at TWC.  When I returned from London, I packed up all my belongs.  Loaded them into a 8x7x7 POD, said good bye to many dear friends and a city that had grown on me, and drove to NYC/CT.  I looked at apartments on Friday and then again on Monday.  And after looking at over 30 places, some of which should be condemned vs charging $1800 in rent, dealt with brokers that want to charge you an arm and a leg for about an hour worth of 'work',  I found a place in Harlem.  So Im in the process of applying, moving in, and starting a job, etc.

With all that being said.  Im ready for life to calm down, just a bit! :)  And would love visitors, anytime!

1 comment:

Amy said...

That paragraph was so fancy sounding :)

I want to visit!! Oooh! Oooh! Pick me! Me!