For the most part, I dont cry any more. Life is good. The sun is shining. There are flowers all around. Im working on seeing life through a new lens. A lens that reminds me that life is about living each day, in the moment .... But there are some random down pours that still happen. Like the time I went to lunch with a dude friend, and ended up bawling my eyes out when I asked about his dad, who has been sick. When his response was that his family is closer then ever, I just lost it. Or the time that I was talking to a friend about the thing Friend-Break-Ups, only to have experienced such pain with someone so dear, that has made me so much more cautious in life with all people. Or that I bawl my eyes out because I miss my brothers even more than I would like to admit it. Mostly because most of them are still here, earth-side, but feel so much further away.
Collectively, We dont often talk about the fact that life is hard. Is messy. Is painful. Is lonely. Is quiet. Its like we dont want to show anyone our weakness. We dont want to show anyone our hurt. Like it will make us less of a person.
Over the last few months, I have noticed that its with those that have seen my weakness, that have listened to my heart aches. That have shared their hard times that I truly feel human connection with. And it is in those moments, that people become my hero.
It takes the hard times, to have the good ones mean that much more. To have the times that a friend reaches out, to feel that much more special. To have the times that family is around to mean just that much more amazing. And I mean. Who doesnt want to 'nuggle?'
No comments:
Post a Comment