July 4th was great this year. Boston has a widely known tradition surrounding America's Independence, as there were numerous events that took place in Boston.

It started on July 3rd with the rehearsal for the Pops 4th Concert. It was great. There were about 40+ friends that showed up.
The 4th started early with the Pledge of Allegiance and the singing of the National Antheum. Then they had a parade to the place were the Declaration of Independence was read for many past years, as it was read this year.
I was with Cheryl and Amy, as their husbands were in far away lands (or New York and Cali.) It was fun to hang out with them. Especially since Cheryl is moving to N Cali. After all the traditional 4th events, we took a ferry ride out to the "oldest" lighthouse in America, Brewster Lighthouse on Little Brewster Island in the Boston Harbor. (I quote it becuase everyone says there whatever is the "oldest.") It was really windy and we werent able to even get off. Which was fine as by this point I was feeling very under the weather with allergies.
No comments:
Post a Comment