Monday, April 21, 2008

Exporting Commodity from Kenya



Did you know that Keyna's main Export is Marathon runners? When i first heard that today, I thought it sounded alittle 1800's. But that was an interesting fact I learned from my cell mate today at work. (She was surprised when she went on a tour there with my company, that everyone in the country runs, wins marathons, and brings the money home to their little village.)


The third Monday in April in Boston is know as Patriots day. Its a day the city celebrates history and . . . sports! Whether you are in the mood for watching a reenactment of the Battle on the Lexington green (Come one those history buffs! . . . Ok, will Ill jog the memory if I quote good ole Henry Wadsworth Longfellow when I say "One if by Land, and Two if by Sea?"), a Red Sox baseball game, or the largest marathon in the world (or atleast that is what my fellow Bostonians call it!), Boston is the perfect spot for any of that.



Man, I love this city. Im not really sure of the history of how all three events ended up on the same day, but who is complaining?! What a great way to get Spring Fever after a LONG and PAINFUL winter. But there is something about being out in Boston on Patriots Day. Enjoying the crowds, the excitment, the sun, the smells of Spring. Oh wow, I wish I got out from behind my desk today. Memories of years gone past are flooding my mind as I write. Humm. Must leave work . . .
Well, I havent posted for awhile, and Just thought I should start again by posting a short Ode to why I love this city. Im not sure if I will ever be able to leave. Honestly. If I ever do marry, this will be a discuss we have. And if he does make me leave, he better have something AMAZING on the bargaining table. Like traveling the world for a year!

2 comments:

Cheryl and William said...

Hey, it took William to get me to leave the city . . . and the warm CA weather is really nice

Sami Volcansek said...

ok, so much fun! I love made up holidays! and you! xoxo