Last night I flew in from a week in Florida for work. I was picked up by my long time friend, Val, and then we headed over to Kristy and Jasmines going-away party. It was alittle surreal for me.
Kristy was my first friend in Boston. I was sitting by myself at a Easter Concert the second day in Boston. I was highly overwhelmed by all these new people, being in a new place, but I was excited for it all. I knew that Boston was where I was suppose to be. So, I was sitting in a pew all by myself watching the others fill up around me. Kristy had brought a friend and her husband to this concert, so it just happened that my pew had room. We got to talking and became fast friends. A few months later, I moved in with her and Diana in a lovely little three bed apartment in Brookline. Those were some good times. Then Kristy and I decided to move into the city. we couldnt convince Diana to join us as the current apartment was a great location for her work and there was a guaranteed parking spot. . . . Kristy and I live together for 2.5 years. She has been the roommate I have had the longest thus far, and Im happy to say that we are still friends!
I cant believe that I have been in Boston now for 4 years. Im not really sure why it was Boston that I was drawn too. I had no ties, and could have gone anywhere. All I can say is that Heavenly Father wanted me here. I have meet many wonderful people that are such examples to me, and made many friendships that I will always cherish. After reflecting on the past 4 years, I know that this is where I am to be. I know that I have a purpose in being here. Sometimes the darkness of the worldly, daily activities make that hard to see. But Heavenly Father has a great purpose for me. I just need to live worthily to see that.
No comments:
Post a Comment