Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Winter Bloom


I have to thank my old roommates Diana and Kristy for helping me to realize my love of live music, and more importantly local live music. Boston has a great underground music scene, and some amazing venues. Shortly after moving in D & K, they took me to a Brian Webb concert, and I was hooked. Brian is F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S I love his stories he shares between songs; I love the songs; I love the passion; I love the talent. Well, Opening for Brian that first night was Antje Duvekot. And she has became another favorite. She is great. Many journalist have equated her to hearing angels. She has an amazing voice. Some of you might recognize her from her song Merry Go Round that was used in a Bank of America ad.



Antje joined together with Meg Hutchinson (fellow Boston musician), Natalia Zukerman, and Anne Heaton (New York musicians) and did a winter holiday concert and cd. I went into New York City tonight to catch a show at The Living Room. It was a fabulous evening. They did a few holiday (Christmas and Hanuka) songs along with their individual songs. They all have such a different style that it was so fun to hear them all together. As I sat there in the crowd, I was reminded of just how much I love to see, hear, and feel of the passion that comes with seeing local singer/song writers perform. Go. Support the arts in your area.




<span class=Winterbloom: Holiday Traditions Rearranged">


Check out some songs from the concert on the myspace page.
One that makes me smile is Thanks for the Roses.


And the song that put Antje on the maps:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXSc0sxg840





1 comment:

Cheryl and William said...

I miss Brian and Antje!! Their concerts were so unbelievably good. I'm very out of the music scene here