Monday, March 1, 2010

Church Activities/Lessons Do Come in Handy!

I just wanted to give a shout out to the Priest/Laurel Competition Activity in which I learned how to change a tire. It came in handy this weekend.

Maybe Im cheap. Or Maybe Im just a product of my father who was a product of the Great Depression and WWII and never wanted to pay for someone to do something that he could do himself, ok aka cheap!

On Friday afternoon, I got a flat tire. (Lucky, it wasnt Thursday Night, as I was driving home from Manhattan in a snow storm. That would have been really crappy!) By the time I stopped driving on it and realized that what the problem was (insert: call to my brother with the phone on speaker being held to the dash asking what that horrible noise was). I was a few exits down from my house, and my housemate-husband was still at work. And I didnt want to pay money to tow my car a mile to tire store, when I could do it myself.

My goodness. The cop laughed at me for even wanting to do it. And we wasnt going to help me because of policy, or some crap. But I did it. Ok, luckily there was a cop there because I wasnt strong enough to over turn a lug nut put on by a power tool. But alas, saved myself a tow just to go spend money for 4 new tires! Love, love, love being an adult. Ok, lots of sarcasm! Only mildly love it. Dont love the responsibility and bills part. But then again, who really does?!

No comments: