I came across an amazing blog last night and cant stop reading. Lots of good thoughts, from amazing ladies in all walks of life. Really made me think, and dream myself. On comment that Im stealing is:
i had a favorite professor in university who taught social pschology. he liked to give us advice on life and use statistics to back himself up. i don't remember everything he said but one of his axioms that sticks out in my mind is:
"show up and good things happen."
he'd tell us, if you want to meet someone, you want a job, you want to run for office....the probablility of any of those things happening skyrockets when you just show up.
keep showing up for yourself and your dreams. something perfectly suited to your skills and interests will materialize (and be confident knowing that you have statistics on your side!).
I feel like for the last 15 years of my life, I have done this. Maybe not as often as I really should have. But I have a new resolve to show up. And also to be apart of things when I show up.
2 comments:
Lady. This is extremely insightful, and also, thank you for sharing. I needed that.
Thanks you for the dare to dream shout out! And enjoy New York. It is the most wonderful city!
Whitney Johnson (dare to dream)
Post a Comment