For two+ weeks, I was greatly removed from the internet. Every once in awhile my iPhone would connect to wifi and I would get emails, and updated on Facebook. But it turned out to be more seldom than I thought would happen.
I got home from my trip and started to get back into my normal life, and I got depressed. After about a week, I realized that it was largely due to the amount of "social media" I allow into my life. Dont get me wrong. I love it, and am a huge advocate of it for many years now. But like everything else, there is a balance to life. And when one area has a larger hold than others, its just not good.
So. Im cutting myself off, slowly! And granted Im not great at this, but Im starting small. I took off certain apps from my iPhone. Im trying to reduce my personal internet usage at work, etc. Ive already started to notice a difference. Now if I can just keep with it and make it more of a habit.
I noticed that the new Mormon Message on Parenting is largely about media/electronics in a child's life and regulating it. Looks like I need to start with myself, if Im ever going to be a good parent, when that day comes.
No comments:
Post a Comment