Since Im not quite in a place where I want to talk about how I split my pants. (Sadly, it was recent, and it was in front of a guy. Ugh. Embarassing. But definitely a story for another time.) But I have another one to share. The names in this story have been change/omitted to protect... me, from ever really admitting to ... this.
In church this week, I sat next to a lady who recently moved to Charlotte. During the last hour there was a fussy little guy next to us that couldnt make it through nursery and was not having it being in our class. I was trying to get his attention in such a way that he might be quiet for a few minutes. After a good 10 minutes of this, I mention to my classmate that I can usually get the 18month olds to flirt with me, but I cant seem to get the guys my age to even look at me.
After church she mentioned that she had someone she would love to give my email to, so I gave it to her. I mean. Im in the land of nothing, so I kinda figure if I am going to actually meet one than its going to come through acquintances and what not. He just moved internationally and was up for meeting new single Mormon women.
And since it is 2011, and we do have this lovely, little website, Facebook, I came home and looked him up. I couldnt exactly remember his name, but found someone with the name I was vaguely remembering, and who we had some mutual friends from a city that we had in common and figured that it was him. And I was shocked. And might have even stared and started drooling. I basically pulled up a guy with washboard abs, and a pretty face, pretty close to the level of say ....
![]() |
| JAMES MARSDEN |
![]() |
| JOSH DUHAMEL |
![]() |
| OR (a straight) MATT BOMER |
So. Needless to say. I went to sleep that night with sweet dreams, but also realized that it was highly unlikely that I would ever hear from this guy. And I was resigned to the happiness that atleast someone thought me cool enough to pass along my info to someone.
I was out tutoring yesterday evening. I had a quick minute to check my email, and was pleasently surprised to received an email from said young fellow. I might have even beamed a smile at the promptness of the email. I noticed that I was correct on the name, but sadly not the spelling. His email was nice and was definitely interested in getting to know me. etc. I headed home, and of course got on said lovely, little website. And instead of my James Marsden/Josh Duhamel/Matt Bomer look alike, what I got was a ....
Ok. Yes. Swallow and horrible am I, in my first reaction. Completely. I know. And he really wasnt quite a Zach.
I will be emailing him, with all the excitement and flirtation that he deserves in a reply email. Because he just might make me laugh more than most any other guy, and be more than I could ever know from a picture. ....
I will be emailing him, with all the excitement and flirtation that he deserves in a reply email. Because he just might make me laugh more than most any other guy, and be more than I could ever know from a picture. ....




2 comments:
oh- the adventures of dating and being "set up". I love your explanation of it Lisa- and I miss you too! I should be getting my blog up and running soon- your post has made me realize how much I miss it.
Hilarious. :) The picture of Zach was pretty great too.
Post a Comment