Because of this love, my appreciation for New York set books, movies, music, etc has grown ten fold. It has happened on numerous accounts that someone will not be giving a particular movie the same glowing report than I would. When I think about it, its because I loved the setting of the movie and might have over looked certain aspects of it. Ill read a book that normally I might have put down at chapter two, just because I cant wait for what other NYC reference they might give. Im not forgetting that my year plus in New York wasnt easy, and flawless. There were some aspects that made it really, really hard. There might have been nights I feel asleep with a tear stained pillow. But the old adage that 'what doesnt kill you, makes you stronger' really holds true for my time in New York. I am a better person for my time there. (And being honest, I can truly say that about all the cities I have called home.) And maybe that is why it has an extra special place in my heart. It was there that I could sit and hear lovely and needed words from a dear old friend that could keep me going. And our next visit always came when I was needing him and his kindness the the most. It was there that I gained some (more) amazing friends. It was there that I learned to see the world through, yet again, new lenses. It was there that I loved and lost, and lost hard. It was there that I had adventures. It was there that I played. It was there that I enjoyed. It was there that I laughed. ... I truly heart NY!
... This post was sparked as I finished a (mildly trash) book called "Outtakes of a Marriage" (or something like that) by Ann Leary (or something like that!) on the same day that I went to see Extremely Loud & Incredible Close. Both set in NYC. Seriously. Anything set in NYC just warms my heart. But LOVED Extremely Loud & Incredible Close. The book was fabulous and I think that the movie did a great job of sharing that. ....
Im one lucky lady. In my 30 years, I have had some amazing experiences.
No comments:
Post a Comment