Lunch yesterday has sparked a question, that I would love to hear from YOU regarding. ....
I was telling a friend about my most recent "date." Brief synopsis: Dude asked me out for and said he 'wanted to take me to dinner.' He ends up showing up to my house with PINK hair. He has no plan and says 'Well, you know the city, where do you want to do.' I end up paying for myself. What happened to the 'I want to take you to dinner?!' And then I ended up paying for the shared dessert we got at the comedy show that I got free tickets too. ... Dude has no game!
So this leads to my question.
For those that are married: Did your husband show up on date 1, 2, or 3 with no plan? If he did, what were your thoughts on this lack of plan?
For those that are single: Has a dude shown up with no plan? If so, than did he make it past that date?
I think that this idea of having a plan is what sets a date apart from just hanging out. And Im too old to just hang out anymore!
My friend from lunch mentioned that when he was young and starting out in dating, someone advised him that he should read a book on Sales, and I have to say that this is kind of genius. Lets face it, what is a date? An opportunity to sell ones-self, and to try and be 'sold' on someone else.
1 comment:
WHAAA?
Seriously???
No thanks.
Effort should be made. It doesn't have to be fancy or expensive or grandiose. But legitimate thought and effort should be involved.
Don't be ashamed of expecting someone to give you that. You deserve it.
Post a Comment