I was in the LA for work for the past 5 days. It wasnt the greatest work trip. I realized before I left that the purpose of going out there wasnt exactly there any longer, and that it was just going to be "working out of the LA office." But then I get there and had access issues with the firewall there, and I couldnt get to all the programs I use daily. So it was a waste of time, more or less. On a personal note, I did get to enjoy dinner with a few friends, saw a few other friends, had dinner with a cousin, and enjoyed a change of scenery. So not a total bust!
When I was driving home from the airport, I stopped at the grocery store to buy some basics knowing that I had nothing at home. My grocery store of choice is the Wal-Mart in the Ghetto. And last night tested my patience. At 11pm, there was 1 cash register open, in the WHOLE store. SERIOUSLY Wal-Mart?! I realize that Im not going to a store known for customer service, but really?! ONE register! After walking back to check out with my three items from the tech department, and getting told that he couldnt help as they just took his cash drawer from him, I dropping my things and left the store not having bought anything, and wasted 20 minutes of my night.
All I could think while driving home was how nice it would be to have a husband, or even boyfriend, or even a good friend, that would have already picked up those items for me so that I would have breakfast in the morning. And how nice it would have been to have someone that really care that I had a mildly crappy trip. And how it would have been nice to have someone to cuddle up with and watch something on the DVR before going to bed. ... And then, when I got home to an apartment with a broken A/C, I could only think it would have been so nice to have had someone to have dealt with it when it broke instead of having to go to bed in a blistering hot apartment. ... The grass is always greener I realize. But today, Im just saying it would be nice to have someone!
1 comment:
I wish I could have been there to fix your AC, run to the store for you and chill on the couch watching a show. :( The grass is always greener, as you mentioned. I was just wishing today that everyone in my house would disappear and leave for a few days...and take their pile of laundry with them!! :) Love you!
Post a Comment