Friday, November 2, 2012

'I set fires to feel joy'

Please say you have seen the movie.  Pitch Perfect.  A-mazing.  So sad it took me to long to see it.

I just wanted to say that I feel uber loved this week from so many friends and family call, texting, emails, and checking in on me.  I lucked out this week, and besides spending more time in side than I normally like, I wasnt horribly affected by the storm.  The Upper West Side is higher elevation and we never lost power.  It was nice to be back at work on Thursday.  We had a few displaces Downtowners stay with us and visit to charge cell phones.

A High School friend suffered a significant loss this week.  Her not-even-two year old lost his battle with cancer. He was diagnosed at 10 months and has been fighting for over a year now.  She has been one amazing, strong woman through all of this.  And my heart goes out to her and her family.

Between these two experiences, I have been having survivors guilt.  How and Why am I so lucky?  Im not sure why I deserve it, but definitely feel like I need to do more to help those around me.  I need to do more to grow my relationship with my Heavenly Father and my Savior.  I need to do more to be Their hands here on earth.  I need to do more to serve.

No comments: