Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Contentment


I love Boston. I dont think that I have ever really truly love a place, until now. I walk around in the city, and I just feel at home. I drive around, and although I might be yelling at other drivers or pedestrians, and I love the feeling of accomplishment. (Unless you have been to Boston and tried to maneuver yourself through, I just cant explain. It can be a cross between Egyptian driving, and just plain stupidity!)

Boston is so absolutely quirky. Bathroom light switch is not in the bathroom is a good start. But even with the quirkiness of it all. Its has its beauty.

I love the character of the city. I love the big city life in a small town feel. I love the change of seasons. I love being able to take public transportation around town. I love being so close to so many other places. I love walking through the Prudential on my way home from work. I love driving fast down Storrow. I love driving back into Boston via I-93 and the Zakim Bridge. I love being able to see the skyline from the I-95 tollbooth. I love eating at diners. I love hanging out with my Books and Basketball friends. I love 4th of Julys Boston style, whether its watching the fireworks by canoe on the Charles, or from the Mass Ave Bridge, or just chillin on the bank of the Charles while listening to the Boston Pops. I love the people that I have meet and the situations that I have been apart of and learned so much from.

All of this is making it so much harder to find something else for me. I dont want to move on unless there is a definite reason to move on. I love this city. I dont want to leave it on a whim. But Im starting to feel the itch. The itch to do something new, and experience new things. But I have to find the right "thing."

No comments: