What happens when your dreams come true? The Princess rides off into the sunset with Prince Charming. What happens when a nightmare comes true? And if that nightmare of yours comes true, not to you, but someone close to you?
My niece had a seizure at school on Friday. She was taken to the hospital, and after testing they found a 3.7 cm growth on the left side of the brain. They dont know what it is, but will be doing more test and surgery this week.
For the last eight years, this is my biggest nightmare. I have always felt like one day I will be taken to the hospital and they will finally find something to explain this constant pain in my head.
I found out about this on Sat morning. But with a crazy busy weekend, I didnt fully compute what was going on until late Sunday, and then more on Monday. Mixed with other emotional conversations from the weekend, I broke down. I could not stop crying at work. I finally had to leave. My medicine to deal with life, is to watch a movie, preferably alone. Alittle weird, maybe. But its a way to be apart of someone elses life for a couple of hours. When I come back to reality, I usually have a larger perspective, and can think.
No comments:
Post a Comment