I found out about 24 hrs ago that a friend from college passed away. Aaron Harkness. He wasnt a fan of the name Aaron, and just went by Hark. He was in my ward when I lived in Lakeridge Condos in Orem. I will admit that I had a crush on him.
As I have been reminded of many different memories of him, Im mainly reminded of the amazing example he was. He was a very kind, friendly, service-oriented person. He was very talented and was an amazing carpenter. Ahh, and he had a boat. He loved to take people out. He loved to let others enjoy the water! . . . As its alittle hard to keep in contact with male friends once they are married, I havent actually talked with him since I moved out East.
After he got married and we were still attending UVSC, we would chat for hrs at school. He was always an easy one to talk with. Well. It is a small world, in the sense that his wife was my old roommate, Kristys, trainer from the mission. So I have been able to hear about how they have been doing over the years.
I dont know much concerning his death. His obiturary meanted that he passed in his sleep. He does have a son that turn 2 y/o 2 days after his death.
Its hard to deal with bad things that happen to really good people. I know that there is an eternal purpose to this life, and to all things that happen here. I know that he must have had a divine reason for heading back to Heavenly Father early. There are many people that will be effected by his sudden passing, but the gospel of Christ does help to offer peace and understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment