Sunday, February 3, 2008

Senor Panchos

This weekend was quite a busy one. And sorry to say I have no pictures to prove it. . . . Started with Afghan food on Friday Night. I know, I know. The picky girl went to an Afghan restaurant. And it was good. . . . It was a date, and then we played games at my house. It was nice.

Saturday started with working out, running errands, visiting with old friends/newly weds, funeral service for President Hinckley, and then off to CT all by 2pm. I meet up with my brother and his family down at their house they are building. And then we meet up with the rest of the family at Moms house (Megans Mom), along with dropping off the kids. (Jenny felt so inspired to introduce me to this guy in her branch. Matt, this guy, is friends with her husband Darrin. So, This event was the talk of the Talyor family all week. Im glad I can give all the married people in life something to talk about! Im here for you.)

We pilled into the mini-van and the seven of us headed to Senor Panchos. It was a weird thought, that if anything happened to that car, then Mom and Dad were going to be raising 6 grandkids. Bad thought. . . . We get to the restaurant and make all the introductions. . . It was fine. He was a nice kid. I felt lots of pressure from the family, simply because I know that Im so awkward around people . . . . . Conversation was good, and he was able to hold his own in the situation. He stepped up to the plate and paid for me. Very nice. We went back to the Taylors for Oreo Shakes, and he meet all the little ones. Lots of political talk, and "how we meet talk" from all the marrieds, etc. It was good, but he never asked for my number. So, I doubt he will call, but this all made for a good story.

Sunday was quiet. Church with the family. Dinner. Nap. Playing with the Baby. Just simply good times. And then the long, boring, stupid ride home. Granted, Im so glad that its only 1.5 hr drive to see my family. But its just lame by myself.

Cute comments from Jack today:

Jack, 3 year old being woken up at 8am for church, "But Im stil tired, I want to go back to bed."

During the ride home from church -
Me. "What do you want to do after church? Lets take a nap."
Jack. "Lets do a puzzle, then we can take a nap."
Me. "Sounds like a great idea."
Jack. "But Only if I can wear my jammies."

When I was leaving.
Megan. "Why dont you just move in with us?"
Me. "Sure, just need a job to pay for my car." (Dang Car loans!)
Megan. "Jack dont you want Lisa to move in with us?"
Jack. "Humm, yes. Next week."

AHH. I could just eat that little one up.

1 comment:

Cheryl and William said...

Ahhh- set ups from the marrieds. I haven't found one for you . . . . YET. :-)