Do you ever have moments that you simply want to know where someone from your past is, what they are doing, and how they are? I dont necessarily need to have contact with them. But just the understanding that they are healthy and happy is plenty for me.
For some reason, there is one person that has gone through my mind and my he
art a lot lately. Im not sure why, but I cant seem to let him go. Ahh. Russ Williams. I would consider him a best friend while I worked at Pappadeaux. It was a short lived friendship. But nonetheless, one that has touched my heart for sometime now. When I left Pappadeaux for Boston, he was leaving to start a new job in Houston. We were connected at the hip in such a way that many people would ask me where my "husband" was when we werent together. Oh, how I would simply like to know that he is happy, healthy, and enjoying life where ever he is today.
For some reason, there is one person that has gone through my mind and my he
I have many people that I have known for a short time in life, but that I care deeply for. I know that there is a reason that we are to meet each and everyone of those people. Whether that reason is for what we are to learn, or for what we are to teach. I just simply pray that I may continually be a place that the Lord may always use me to help others. And to help ease the pain of loosing those kind souls that have crossed my path.
Wow. I just remember a moment sitting in a friend's car (or someone that I claimed to be a friend) in high school. For whatever the circumstance, we were discussing that we werent going to be friends anymore. I expressed that this was going to be hard for me. And he told me that I just needed to let go, and that I just cared too much for other people. I was terribly hurt by that comment, as I was confused as to why that was a bad thing. . . . Its not a bad thing. Its really the opposite. If more people in this world cared "too much," oh what a different world we would be living in. . . . I wish I could still be that person I was in high school, and care too much for others. I seem to have become highly selective in my caring, and I wish to change that.
No comments:
Post a Comment