Monday, January 25, 2010

Filter Needed

I need a filter. I would say that mine is no longer working, but has it ever really worked?! I though that I was getting better, but after this weekend, I really need to just stop talking. I have embarassed myself enough lately.

"This is XX, I used to babysitter her." - Really, Was that how I needed to introduce someone? No, all I had to say was that we were in the same home ward. Or even, her Mom was my Young Womens Leader that I loved and adored.

"I would drive from Provo to Ogden to get my hair cut." - Really Lisa? Were we talking about hair cuts, Provo, or Ogden, or driving in Utah. No, not at all. We were talking about growing up in Centerville!

"Oh, How is XX doing these days? Is she pregnant yet?" Really Lisa? Just stop while you are ahead.

If these conversations sound familiar and you are actually reading this, (I dont think you do, and therefore feel comfortable to post this, but who knows!) I just want to apologize for the randomness that comes out of my mouth. I hope that you can forgive me. . . . Im working on it. Not sure exactly sure how, besides just not talking. So, if you have any suggestions, than Im all ears.

2 comments:

Lana said...

I say, if people are going to get all butt-hurt over innocent little phrases like that, then that's their problem!! Seriously, you couldn't hurt a fly, Lisa! "Life's too short and eternity is too long to bother holding grudges." :) My mother-in-law always says that. You're just adorable and want to be involved with people--there's no harm in talking and questions. Love you!

Amy-Alisa said...

Lis-

I totally don't think those sound bad. You are a very caring, and friendly person and anyone who has talked to you for 5 minutes already knows this. Don't stress about it, girl.