Joy is the serious business of Heaven - CS Lewis
I think we forget this often. But we are SUPPOSE to be happy. There have been times that I even feel like I need to hide my happiness simply because I dont want people to think that I take life to cavalier.
Life is hard. Decisions are always there to be made. Situations are to be survived. Relationships to be learned and maneuvered. Yes, Life is hard. But I choose to be happy. I choose to laugh at the simple things around me. I choose to try my hardest to make those around me smile. (And I must say, that can be a feat here in New York!)
Sometimes I forget that this is a choice. (Yes, some might feel like there is more to it than a choice, and I understand that also.) And then I remember my life in Boston, and how miserable I was. (Between my job and the stress and overloaded plate of responsibility, and that a good portion of my friends had moved away, and I was living alone, and that it was a blizzard ever other week. Not horrible, but just rather harder than it really felt like it needed to be.) And I remember that feeling that Heavenly Father put in my soul that here is a chance to choose happiness.
As CS Lewis wrote, Im sure that these words just might be from our Heavenly Father too: "You do not look so happy as I made you to be."
Today. I choose happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment