Its my third day in Charlotte, and my second day of work. Cant believe Im here. Its still surreal that this is my actual life. I sometimes think that the game show host is going to end the round and then they are going to give me points or not based off of how well I did. ... But I have a feeling that that is not reality but this is.
In following suite with the previous post, Im going to share a secret. When I first decided to make the move, I was super, super excited about this new chapter/new adventure. But somewhere along the way, my excitement wore off. It still never felt wrong, so Im still here. I really think that my lack of excitement is really about being here alone. And that this isnt my first, or probably last, move alone. I had to find a place to live. I had to plan it out. I had to actually put my stuff in a trailer. I had to drive my car and trailer 660 miles. I had to deal with the new apartment leasing office. I had to . . . You get the idea. After doing this a few times, Its not fun doing it alone.
And this is where I commit myself to have a better attitude. ... I was given a blessing back in May that said that life was about choices and that the answers would not always be given ahead of time. But its more about the choices made.
So here I am. Putting it in writing. That I am going to make the most of this new adventure that Heavenly Father has blessed me with. So let me share the positives that I have really been blessed with.
- Job: A great opportunity with a great company. I finally have benefits. Wahoo! And vacation time.
- I work with friends. Its so nice to already know peeps when I start. No awkward first day sitting in the cafe by myself!
- I have a fabulous apartment. Its all mine! And its new. I have a washer and dryer and a dishwasher. And a jacuzzi tub. And a pool. And a fitness center. (Really, live in NYC and then anything will seem like a palace!)
- I have a new city to explore. And a new state. And a new part of the country.
- I have a chance for a fresh start. I have the chance to be more than I have been. I have the chance to really reach beyond myself.
So. Heres to nothing!
PS. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE visitors! ;)
4 comments:
I can relate to the frustration of the i-have-to-do-this i-have-to-do-that all the time. It's lousy sometimes. But, put me on the visitors list! We'll have to coordinate something...
SO exciting!! You're so brave to go do those things without batting an eye. Seriously, I am afraid of my shadow it seems like. You're my hero.
I'm trying to figure out when I can come. If tix weren't so darn expensive, I'd be visiting you lots!
You can do it, Lisa! You're amazing...remember that!
You have such a great perspective on things and a very mature outlook on life! i want to come visit you too! we'll have to try and work something out!
Post a Comment