Whats the old saying . . .
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!
On another, but similar note, I went on a date last night. I know, I know! Kinda shocking. One month in and I had a date. Never has happened so fast to moving somewhere. .... I meet this guy at a swing dance thing over the weekend. It was actually darling how he asked for my number. And within a few minutes later he had texted to set up a date. Now, I dont think we are soul mates or anything. But I was super impressed with his ability to date. Ask a girl out, plan something, be engaging, etc. Its amazing to finally experience after not for so long. . . . And I realized last month that Im a bad dater. Maybe its from my lack of experience, or my weird idealogys. One reason that I think Im a bad dater is that I dont really like for the guy to pay. Simple yes. But I always wanted to make sure that someone didnt think I said yes so that I could get a free meal. But there is something important to the simple act of letting a guy pay. It seems that guys need to feel like they can take care of something as simple of the bill, and a girl needs to allow/accept the guys willingness to take care. I am learning the hard way, and probably lost out on a great guy. But that is what life is about, right?! Learning and improving, hopefully!
2 comments:
:-( I think that there are some people that are just really hard to move on from and this was something that I was TERRIBLE at so many hugs to you for this! And woohoo on the date!! It really is just so nice to go out on a date. You are one incredible woman Lisa!! Miss you!!
if your heart is telling you to move on then you have to obey. then you'll have the emotional energy for your life and your future. think of all that brain/heart space you'll be freeing up. :)
and you have got to start working this dating thing to your favor!! :) LET THEM PAY! :) not just for your favor, but a decent, cool guy feels empowered and loves to take care of 'his woman'. men need to feel like they are strong and can provide. and women totally love to have a guy that seems strong and capable. so it's a win/win scenario!! :) that's one thing I miss about dating. now when we go out or Porter spends money on me I think about how it's all coming out of the same pot--and I'm the one doing the bills later anyway! Harder to enjoy it that way. :) love you!
Post a Comment