Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

I did. I spent it with my brother and his in-laws. It seems to always work out that way. This must have been Easter #4 with them. Starts with the Egg dying party and egg toss on Sat. I was paired with Taylor, my 5 y/o nephew. Out of default, we were the first ones out. And Taylors response was "When I am 6, Im going to be so good at the egg toss!" I love that when you are little it is associated to age and not ability.

Then we, the adults once the little ones were asleep, worked on the Easter baskets. Every stayed at the parents house, as its tradition to all be together on Easter morning to see what the Easter Bunny brings. It is always fun to walk down stairs and see the wided eyes and happy glees. Once the baskets are thoroughly looked over and half the chocolate is devoured, its time for the Egg Hunt, aka Hunt for Breakfast. Everyone gets one their winter clothes as is still freakin 40 degrees and snowing, and looks for "their" eggs. Its amusing that the youngest child is usually the one that will be out til the bitter end. . . . Its only an egg, the cold is not worth it. So then we eat eggs, bacon, and other breakfast goodness. And then we have a chocolate egg hunt inside. By the time this is over. . . Its about 9am. Time for a nap!

I went to the Yale Singles Ward. (Im not missing much.) First of all, its only a Branch, and one at that. . . . I must say, that Im so happy for all my friends that are married. Its a miracle, not specifically, but generally. Im amazed that you are able to find another person that you want to spend the rest of your life with. I can find someone that I want to spend 20 minutes with. HA! One day! I know I will one day. :) Dont think Im trying to feel sorry for my self or anything, Im just being a realist. . .

Easter Dinner was great. HAM is great. I could never not eat meat. Its just great!


The only downer. . . Oh wait the two downers of the weekend. 1) Grandmom. Megans (sister-in-laws) Grandma was in the hospital after having a bad fall on Thursday night that actually showed that she had an aneurysm and went into Brain surgery and has not fully woken up from that. She seems to be doing ok. 2) Traffic coming home was horrible. I cant really but them in the same group. But, I guess I did.

No comments: