I think I made a girl cry at work yesterday. Totally didnt think that she was an ounce of soft, but I was wrong. Or at least I think I was.
I was offered a new position at work. 5 weeks later and Im doing two jobs, but really wanting to just stay put. I like my current boss, I like my team, I like what I do, and I know that there is still yet alot to learn. So I basically decided that if they could pay me the extraordinary lots of money that I wanted in order to deal with the stress and crap that the new job would bring my way, than I really just wanted to stay put. I finally had to tell that to the possible new boss yesterday. I know that she has ben under alot of stress, but I have to do what is right for me. And I know that Grand Circle is not the end all be all of companies. (This is something that the new boss is alittle unaware of as its been the ONLY company she has worked at since college.) Well, I started to see her eyes get teary, and when she walked out, she didnt walk back to her desk but in the direction of the bathrooms and the bigger boss. Which she went to, Im not sure.
This company has taught me alot in the past 3 years. (WOW, I have been here 3 years next month! Two more years till Im fully vested. . . Dont think Ill make it to that!) I have learned to not let people walk all over me, which can be viewed as "being mean." I have learned more on how to be a more Open and Courageous Communicator, even though there is still a LOT to learn there! I have learned that work is work, and at the end of the day it is not the extent that I want to know known for. I have learned that there people out there that want to help others, and there are people that are only out there for themselves, and I dont want to be the later. I have learned that money does not mean happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment