Last weekend I decided that I wanted to move to San Francisco. I really am not sure how its going to happen financial as I have been so good at saving lately. But I am ready. Even though while I was there, I wasnt getting any sort of confirmation. Granted, I really wasnt fully thinking about it. My cousin was plugging for the move with every chance he got.
Once I got home from San Francisco, it became apparent that I need a new adventure. I need to get away from the rut that I have gotten myself into. And so I started to really look into moving to San Francisco. I updated my resume and started to look at what the job market is like out there. I started to ask friends from there or had any connections to put some feelers out for me. As my lease isnt up til July 31, and the need to stay at my company through Aug. I am looking at a Sept move. I would want to visit friends and family along the way, and therefore take about 2 weeks to make my trek. So. I feel like the ball is rolling. And Im feel good. Not excited. But ready. I need to get away from Val or else I will never get over him. I feel pathetic, but its just how it is.

Well. Tuesday at 5pm a co-worker named Bill Spaeth came to my desk. He said that he was changing his focus from working on the Paul Gauguin to OAT. (What that means: He was doing the marketing/reporting for a ship that owner of my company and his brother purchased. Its called the Paul Gauguin. Its a beautiful ship that was specially made for Tahiti. It has been rated number or in the top 3 in lots of different rankings. Bill is wanting to change from this focus to working on our other brand called Overseas Adventure Travel.)
So, the new position. It would be doing all the marketing for the Paul Gauguin. Whether that is under the Grand Circle brand (the one I work for), Vantage brand (the owners brothers company), or under Regent Seven Seas (the managing company). It would be reporting out on bookings and sales, etc. It would be traveling to Florida to meet with Regent and DSi monthly.
This is such a great opportunity in which I can really boost my resume. It would be a different area than what I have done on some aspects, and alot of combining all knowledge learned here at Grand Circle. . . . But its working more in the visual of two CRAZY owners/feuding brothers.
No comments:
Post a Comment