Friday, June 22, 2007

BSO

I decided to take a different train home last night, and ended up at Symphony Hall. As I was coming above ground, I saw my friend Jamie. We chatted for a minute. She was waiting for two other friends. As we were chatting, some lady stopped and offered us three tickets for free. After a few calls, I was able to find one other girl to go with me.

It was my first Boston Symphony Orchestra experience, which is kinda sad as its around the corner from my house. It was "Oscar & Tony" night. They played music from Robin Hood, My Fair Lady, West Side Story, Sound of Music, and a few others. It was great. I really enjoyed the conductor. It was Steven Mercurio. He was so enthusiastic, energetic, and just simply happy to be there.

It was an enjoyable suprise of an evening.

No comments: