Thursday, June 14, 2007

Paul Gauguin

I decided to stay in Boston and take the new position. I think it will be a great opportunity for me. Lots of learning and growth. Im excited for business trips to Florida! (Im sure I wont be excited as I plan for the first or the twentieth! But for now the prospect of spending time in sun looks great!) Its not as much money as I was expecting. But every little bit helps. Im excited to work with new people. Im excited to learn more about inventory and managing a large Marketing Budget ($2.4 Million. YES! I did say Millions!) Granted that all does make me nervous too, but not really. It will be good. I will dreadfully miss my current team, and supervisor. We have lots of fun together. But it has been a good 10 months for me. The longest I have ever been in one position here at Grand Circle.

Now I need to find a place to live. Arrgghh. The drama continues in my life. There was a posting on the church housing website for our ward for a in-law suite for cheap. After inquiring about it, I found the lady to be super weird and sketchy, wanting to know my whole life story and bishop reference before showing me the place. I did find a room to sublet for Aug, but that still leaves finding an actual place. I dont really want to find an apartment and girls to fill it. I just want to rent a room. Not finding much luck, especially since I want to save some money from what I have been paying.

But, even through all this drama, for some reason Im starting to feel like things will work out. Its not a feeling that I have had much over the last three weeks. Im glad that its coming though. I didnt know how much longer I could last without it. I love the gospel and the simple blessing of the Spirit in my life. Oh how it makes this crazy world doable! Im so grateful for it.

No comments: