Monday, September 24, 2007

Birthday Weekend!

I tend to have extended Birthday-Days/Weeks! As much as I dont like all the attention, its nice to be able to have an excuse in this crazy busy time of life to get together with friends.

Thursday - Woken up by my roommate Brooke decorating my door and Singing me happy birthday at 645am. Then I got a call from my nephews Jack and Taylor. So CUTE! Worked 10+ hours. Gross. Than I went to dinner with Roommates Marian and Suzy, and then Kristy and Jen Flygare. I really appreciated that it was a small group. I went to my favorite Asian restaurant by my old house. All in all: Good day

Friday - Called in Sick. Come on, work a 10+ hour day of really annoying reporting type stuff on your birthday, its a given not to work the next! Instead, I did all those things that you just dont get to when the week is crazy busy, and the weekends are even crazier. It was great. Changed from summer to fall clothes. Watched some Netflix while cleaning the bathroon and the bedroom. Off to the Bank, Post Office, a Pedicure, car wash. Then I was off to a concert for my local folk artist, Brian Webb. It was such a great concert. Embarassingly enough, Brian knows my name, and pointed me out a few times during the concert. Oh well! There are worse things.
Saturday - Hartford. I went and spent the day with my brother and his family. They took me to Texas Roadhouse for my birthday Lunch! Love that place. And then I played with the boys for hours. We even went down to the land and saw how things are coming along. I really wished that I had a boyfriend that would want to go help him. It just makes such a different when there is help.

Sunday - Church. It was such a good Sacrament Meeting. I ended up hanging out with William Johnsons, 2 y/o of the other wards 1st Counselor during Sunday School. And Relief Society was really good. (Yes, you heard that right. I went to RS. Second time in the new ward!) Then I had dinner at my cousins. Suzy came too. It was rather amusing. Those boys are crazy fun. Then we headed off to a Fireside. It was a panel discussion with the Bishopric and wifes, and how to build solid relationships. . . . And then Party at my house. It was fun. And lots of people showed up. I really like my house for hosting parties. I think everyone enjoyed themselves too. Here are some pictures from that:


The roommates - Brooke Clayton, Suzy Richardson, Marian Clayton, and Me!


Brooke, Me, and Peter Stone. He brought the apartment a present, the best 90's hit mix ever!



We were all very surprised that the "HBS" boys showed up. (Harvard Business School) Robby, Brooke, Marian, Bill Edwards, Me, Alex Lowe.



2 of the 3 Dental School Boys. Brian Nelson, Me, and Mike Visser



A few of the the girls - Linda, Suzy, and Brenda Heaton


A few of the good ones! Jamie Wyatt, me, and Kristy Williams.
-- Note to self, dont let tall people take pictures, the angle is weird
What a great Weekend! Thanks to all those that made it possible!

No comments: