Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Motherhood

So. I survived the weekend. And so did the four kids and the house! It was actually really fun to spend time with the boys. They really are good kids.

I was actually excited to go to their ward. I know a handful of families and it was fun to be in a "real" ward. You know. With families, and kids, and screaming during sacrament. Keeps the reality to life.

Well. It was interesting trying to keep twin 2 year olds from screaming for the same book, or talking about the book loudly, or keeping the 9 year old from eating all the snacks for the little ones. There were a few minutes when I was about to throw my hands up in the air. But an hour does seem to pass rather quickly when you are keeping others busy! Afterwards as I was cleaning up the books, some older gentleman came over to me and told me "I just wanted to come over and let you know that you are such a great mother." First reaction of mine was shear laughter! In order for me to have a 9 year old, I would have been giving birth as a 16 y/o! I politely thanked the man, and told him that I was in fact only the cousin to the mother. He seemed embarassed, but still told me that he was rather impressed with how patient I was with them throughout the meeting. WOW! I was thankful for the compliment. Dont worry! Im not running out to find the first sperm donor available. But its reassuring to know that maybe I will be alright at that whole motherhood thing, when it finally comes my way.

No comments: