Friday, September 28, 2007

Selflessness

I get emails from the Tabernacle Choir. I usually just delete them. But this week the title of the email caught my attention.

Selflessness as been something that I have really been trying to work on lately. I think it sparked with my renewed desire to be the person I really want to be. So I have reflecting on those people that I admire in my life, and what qualities do they have that I want to have. And one of the main ones that I have noticed is that of Selflessness. Therefore, this has been my focus of life within the past few weeks. What can I do for other? What can I share with others? etc.

So when I got this email, I was excited to see what they had to share. . . . Let me share a few of my favorite lines:

"Our greatest blessings and deepest joys always come from helping others, from opening our hearts to someone in need. Service is evidence of our love, but it can also be its catalyst. While it’s true that we serve those we love, it is equally true that we love those we serve."

"Selflessness is usually not manifest in grandiose, dramatic ways but in simple, day-to-day opportunities and interactions we see around us."

This was a great reminder to me of the Savor and His example for us to follow. As I have been striving to make Him apart of my daily thoughts and actions, I know that truly emulating Him comes from selflessness desires.

No comments: