Monday, October 1, 2007

Brian Webb

I never did mention a concert I went to a week ago. . .

I happened to check my myspace account. Shh, I know. Lame. But a while back I had commented on Brian Webbs Myspace page, simply saying "When are you playing here in Boston?" So, Brian ended up doing a concert on Sept 21 at this historical house in Jamaica Plains, MA (South Boston) and the guy in charge of the concert, sent me an email letting me know because of my comment on Brians page. . . Hope that made since. (Gosh, Im such a groupie)

So I emailed this dude right away, but it was still 3 days later. It was sold out, but that he would put me on the waiting list. After a day or so, I cleared the waitlist. I had asked for two tickets. So then I had to ask someone to go with me. Not wanting to ask a girl, unless it was a must, the wheels started rolling. As Brian Webb is one of my favorites, I couldnt just ask anyone. That might sound weird, but there is something about opening my music love to the world that doesnt sit easy with me. As I have become a fan of the music in a way that only Boston could have evoked in me, its hard for me to take just anyone. This is something that I learned after taking 15 people with me to Antje last year. . . . Needless to say, I ended up taking a friend that seemed to really like it. It was a very intimate concert. (ie 40 people in the living room of this old house. Once I walked in, Brian called me out by name, and we chatting for while before, during, and at intermission.) If Brian wasnt married, I would be all over that action! Hahah!

After the concert, we head over to JP Licks for ice cream. (For those not in Boston, JP Licks in one of the BEST ice cream places in town, and the JP stands for Jamaica Plains, the city that we were in.) We talked for awhile. . . .

Conclusion: A great way to spend a Friday Night! :)

No comments: