Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Local Concerts

I really am a local music junkie. I love sitting in a small venue, and listen to the talents and love of others. A co-worker of mine is also a huge fan of the local scene in Boston, even a BIGGER fan than I. I know that might be hard to realize! But he told me about Josh Ritter playing at Club Passim in Dec! I missed his last concert a week ago, because Im lame and my concert-going, old roommate moved away and I would have had to actually make an effort to find someone to go with me. Such a lame reason. I can go to Antje Duvekot by myself, but for some reason that is totally different. . . .

Morale dilima. Ok, not really a morale as there is no right or wrong decision. But a decision none the less. Do I just buy one ticket (as it is $35, which is $20 more than Club Passim tickets are normally) and just enjoy the show with no hassle of finding someone to go? Or buy a second and try and be social? And Brian is like three days before. Again, do I buy one ticket or two?

I know. This really shouldnt be a big deal. But for some reason, Im starting to get self conscience of the independence spirit that I have always seemed to be ok with. I mean, really. I dont want to be single forever. I should make more of an effort to spend time with people. Men, in particular. But . . . Agghhh. I just dont know. I really do just really enjoy my music! Especially Brian and Josh! :) Yes, Yes. We are on first name basis.

No comments: