Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bless this Broken Road

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or twoWiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you




It amazes me how much this one song has helped me in the past 6 months. There is just something so true about the words. And granted, I havent found the "You" spoken about in this song. I do feel that one day, when I do meet that "you" I will see how "you" were a Northern Star. Today, this song was on repeat on my iPod on the way to work. Many days does it get stuck on repeat. There is a power in music, that can touch your soul in such a way that many other ways cant. (I feel this power with photography also.)



I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Ahh. So many times, I have thought that Im just passing the time without my "you." But Ive come to realize that Im not just passing my time, but rather learning, and growing. There is a grander plan. One that is beyond my realm of understanding and knowledge, but that God has blessed this broken road that is my own!


The power of music! Thank you Rascal Flatts for this song.

1 comment:

Amy-Alisa said...

Hey Lisa-

Just wanted to share a funny comment from a single sister in our ward. She was talking about being happy being single, how she felt fulfilled and loved to travel. She said that she knows she will get married someday, whether here or in the hereafter. "And, honestly, I don't mind if it's the hereafter because then at least you know you are getting a good one." I thought that was so great.