Sunday, January 13, 2008

Florida

Im sitting here in Jacksonville, Florida. Its the largest city in Florida. I would have never guessed that. I was hestitatant to get here. But after driving by the downtown, I actually want to check it out. . . .

14 days in Florida. Visiting 11 cities. Meeting 2500 travelers or potential travelers. 8 different co-workers. Work day = 730am til 10pm. Im in the middle of my two weeks. I have survived 8 days, and I have another 6 to go. I think I can make it. Its just been a really long week. I might have been in Florida, but, in reality, I could have been in Nebraska for all I have not been able to enjoy the sun.

Alrighty. Its not all that bad. I dont have to sit at a desk. I dont have to juggle between jobs in the office. I dont have to pay for a thing. . . It was really nice to be able to make it to church today. A co-worker (who is married) went with me, so I found a family ward. It was nice to be able to go to church. I love the fact that I can go thousands of miles from home, and still find peace at church.

1 comment:

Cheryl and William said...

Well, at least you missed the latest nor-easter! I'm so happy that I haven't had to deal with those ;-)