Dan: What would be romantic is him actually making a sacrifice for you
Serena: what are you saying
Dan: When we were together, I would've done anything for you. So if this billionaire really cares about you why can't he quit teaching, take you on a real date. You're worth more than a guest lecturer fee. Everyone knows that. I just wish you did.
I had an institute teacher back during my UVSC days (yes, Im dating myself!) that talked about the most important quality to find in a spouse is selflesness. And when both parties are exhibiting such a quality, then will the relationship truly be amazing.
I had an interesting week. One I dont care to repeat, but for the nature that is single life, will most likely be repeating again. Blah.
To all those married friends that read this, Im impressed that you found someone to spend your life with. Its a miracle to me, and one not to take lightly. Make that person your #1 priority. Because quite frankly, the alternative sucks. I know, the grass is always greener on the other side, but that is just my two cents.
Not sure if anyone remembers this post from a few years ago. I was chatting with a married cousin and a single cousin. The idea that finding a spouse should be handle alittle more in regards to the idea that we are about to embark upon a rowing 'competition' and that we need to find a partner that we can weather the 'storms' that will come our way with. And from the shore, it might look like an easy ride, but it isnt until we are in the middle of the lake/ocean/river/whatever that we experience the storms. We might think that certain aspects like looks or, say things that are found on a resume, are really important to us. But then the actual application of those resume sought things arent going to help in the middle of the storm. (Ok, maybe some might, like a PhD in Meteorology, or a Masters in Engineering!) Its more about the qualities a person has. And dont get me wrong, you need to be attracted to the person too!
Without publishing more of my life in such an open forum. I just want to say thank you to those that actually read this and let me vent. I appreciate it. Also, sorry for the random thrown together thoughts! This post might seem alittle disjointed.
1 comment:
You talk about "rowing" with someone...reminds me of the scene in Little Women when Laurie finally realizes that he loves Amy (awww...). I love how it is written:
“I’m not tired, but you may take an oar, if you like. There’s room enough, though I have to sit nearly in the middle, else the boat won’t trim,” returned Laurie, as if he rather liked the arrangement.
Feeling that she had not mended matters much, Amy took the offered third of a seat, shook her hair over her face, and accepted an oar. She rowed as well as she did many other things, and though she used both hands, and Laurie but one, the oars kept time, and the boat went smoothly through the water.
“How well we pull together, don’t we?” said Amy, who objected to silence just then.
“So well that I wish we might always pull in the same boat. Will you, Amy?” very tenderly.
“Yes, Laurie,” very low.
Then they both stopped rowing, and unconsciously added a pretty little tableau of human love and happiness to the dissolving views reflected in the lake.
Ok...I'm a sap. But I love how this is written....Now to find a good rowing partner...
Post a Comment