Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Crazy Dude

Is it to hard to ask for a normal dude to date?  Someone that I can enjoy life with, and who can make me laugh.  I really dont think Im asking for to much.  But with my recent interactions, Im starting to see that I just might be.

The latest.  I ventured onto the online dating world for about 2 weeks before I got off.  Ugh.  Depressing. Dudes didnt know how to interact.  And the ones that did interact where ones I had no interest in.   Well.  One dude from a different state mentioned that he was coming to mine for a job interview, and wanted to know if I would like to meet up.  Sure.  What ever.  Not like anything else is going on. And he seemed half way normal, at least compared to the others.   After a bit of back and forth about timing and what not, phone numbers were exchanged last night.  And this is the text conversation that ensued today. And to protect the weirdo guy, Im referring to him as Dude or rather the intial D.


D: Hey Lisa it's XXX!
Me: Morning!
D: What's up!
Me: Not too much. Just plugging along at work. You?
D: Haha sounds familiar :) What you do for work?
Me: I work at Time Warner Cable doing Database Marketing. And if you know what that is, can you tell me?!
D: Haha. Nice! If we get married do I get free cable??
....  [UGH,  What am I suppose to say to that?!  Awfully presumptuous.  After a definite lag time, and conferring with a few dudes ....)Me: Haha. Something like that. What do you do? And will it give me any good perks, that is if we do get married!
D: Haha. I'm a marketer in hospice. So u can hook you up when you get really old and ready to die :)
Me: Oh fabulous. I was worried about that.
D: Well worry no more :)
D: So remind me. Any kids?
Me: Nope.
D: So we are going to have to pump out a few then eigh :)
... [Another UGH.  What?!  Is that suppose to be an Eh?  or an eight?  Again, Presumptuous.  You pump out 8 children and let me know how that goes! .. You dont even know me dude.  Maybe I cant have kids, maybe I dont want kids, or maybe I dont want to think about at the moment. . .  Seriously.  This conversation is going no where FAST.  I dont want to continue, and Im really thinking twice about this getting together/date thing. ...] Me: Yeah. Something like that.
D: Haha. Something like huh.
D: How do you feel about potentially moving to Utah?
... [3rd Ugh in a short while. Im done.   .....]Me: You are rather presumptuous! Let's start with less dramatic questions like what is your favorite color, what is your middle name, and where did you grow up.
D: Haha. Whatever you want to tell me :)

At least I have my free cable to snuggle up with on the cold winter nights!


PS.  I changed the title of his blog from Presumptuous Dude to crazy dude.  If it was a girl that was saying these things, she would definitely gotten defined as crazy.  So, he deserves the same consideration.

2 comments:

Lana said...

Ew. Some people are creepsters.

Amy-Alisa said...

After hearing some of my sisters stories, I'm seriously wondering where all the normal guys are, because they're not finding them either. Ugh. It shouldn't be so hard, so why is it?

At least you'll be able to laugh about it, one day. And at least he didn't send you a nakie picture like my brother got from a girl he met online. yuck.