I love Martin Luther King Day. During school, I mean elementary and high school, we would always talk about Martin Luther King and what he did for the country. We would read the "I have a Dream" speech. We would walk a movie about segregation, and the battle to move past it. . . . But now that Im a working professional, he has done so much more for the country. He has given us a day off work and no huge obligation. Maybe Im not being very respectful, but I dont feel that he died in vane. But rather he helped progress America to what it is today, on some fronts that is. But he has given me a day off work. Granted not all people are givin the day off work, and so I thank my employer
I love the chance to really recoup after the holidays. I was able to play volleyball for hours this year. Something I have not done in YEARS. I also had a chance to work on my photo book album. . . . I think that the nicest part of the day was the simple idea that it was my day. My day to do as I pleased. To wake up when I wanted to. To do as I wanted. . . . It was nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment