Monday, January 22, 2007

Family!


Living close to family has made my Boston experience so much better. I love being able to get away from the hustle and bustle of my busy single life, and being able to spend time with people that matter the most. My Brother, his wife, and my awesome nephews.

James works like a dog in so many ways. So, I wanted to give him a Saturday afternoon to relax. I took the boys out. We went to the Childrens Museum in Hartford. I have to admit that for the overall experience, I like the Boston Childrens Museum so much more. They have more exhibits, and generally better exhibits. But the Hartford one does have a planetarium. Taylor was very excited to see a show as he has been studying about the Solar System in Kindergarten. Jack loved to see the turles, snakes, and lizards. But in generally he just loved to run and play with everything! Its also nice to be able to take them somewhere where they can play with everything. We then went to McDonalds. I know, I know. Not the healthiest lunch, but it was cold out and they could also play on the indoor playground. Jack and Taylor both got Nugget Happy Meals. Jacks had a Chicken little toy, while Taylors had a Lilo (from Lilo and Stitch) play dough set. Well, Taylor thought that was not as cool as the Chicken Little one, and enticed Jack to trade. Its a good thing that Jack is still to young to realize when he is getting the short end of the deal.

It was simply just nice to have a place that I feel completely at home. A place where I know people love and appreciate me. A place for refuge against the commotion of everyday life.

Im really excited for my Dad to come out. Granted he will be in Hartford. But that will be much closer than Texas. I love my Dad. He is the greatest. I know he doesnt feel that way, but he has very ungrateful Children. I meet this lady in my brother's ward that grew up in Texas. She mentioned to me about how her father has the up more respect for my father, eventhough my father is younger. Its nice to know that others recognize is kind, and giving heart. He is great. He has been through a lot. Im not saying that he is perfect, but Im just saying that I love my Dad.

I have one of the most hilarious cousins in the world. I just bought a plane ticket to go and visit him in May. I also bought tix to go to the A's vs Giants game while Im there. I just sit and laugh everytime we either talk or get together. Im excited for the trip. May should be a great time to be in San Francisco also!

No comments: