Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Its about that Time!

One of my many blessings from my father is a fabulous metabolism. Most of you that know me well know that I sorta abuse it. I mean. I eat what ever, when ever I want. I dont work out. I am just me. And because of my lovely, skinny Dad, I can. Well. I know that isnt exactly healthy. And I keep telling myself that once I hit some certain point in the near future, then Im going to start to work out. But I always seem to make excuses for it.

Since my current move took me away from family, and friends, and to an area that has a less built in social circle (aka no singles ward and plethora of single Mormons), I took it as my cue to start working out. I also figured that if its something that I am paying {handsomely} for, then Im more willing/obligated to go. But knowing myself too well in the way that I would go and get on a bike for 10 mins and then do weights half-heartily for another 10 mins, and I would call it good. So I made sure that the gym I signed up for had classes and had convenient locations, and what not.

On Monday I took the plunge, and I am a member of New York Sports Club. I went to my first class tonight. Total Body Conditioning. . . . AHHH. Im already sore. Not looking forward to tomorrow. But Im feeling good about this decision to pay for a gym. I think its going to be good. While I dont know anyone, I still have a place to go for a few hours every week and feel like there is purpose to my evenings. Now I just want to find somewhere I can volunteer. Any suggestions?

No comments: