Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Made Me Stop and Think

In the last few weeks, there were two times that I read something that really resonated with me.

1 - Dont make someone a priority, who makes you an option

2 - You never make a decision when you are on the up hill;
you arent thinking clearly

Those two have stuck with me ever since I heard them. And oh how true they are. Its been an interesting few months for me. I have had some really amazing experiences, and some really tough experiences. Through it all, its been eye opening for me to see those people that have been there and been a friend to me. Asked how I was, offered help or a kind word. It has really made me realize that I might have been in the wrong in the past to put value in a relationship when I was really just an option along. Its hard to come to that realization.

I have made some stupid decisions in my life. And looking back on them, I can a test that they have been made {majoritly, is that a word?!} on the 'up hill.' Call me pathetic, but one that I am so sad about still to this day is my decision to get rid of my Chevy Tahoe. I still miss that truck. She was so good to me. I drove her across the country, in the back country, everywhere. Oh how I miss her. Oh how I regret making that decision on the fly in the up hill journey of stupidity.

No comments: