Home is not where you live, but where they know you
~ Christian Morganstern
I often have said that I was raised in Texas, but grew up in Boston. Something about those 5 years really helped me to stretch my wings and allowed me to fly.
And more so lately have I been having realizations that Im not in Boston anymore, and I cant walk by a particular South End park to see how fall is treating it. Or go with a friend to my favorite SE Asian restaurant and see if my favorite waiter is still there. Or walk home from work right through downtown. Or stop by my favorite movie theater to catch a movie after a bad day at work. Or drive along my favorite river on my favorite speedy road. Or see the faces that made Boston a true home for me. I miss my Boston.
I cant wait for the next place that will have these same feelings. Sadly, I dont think it will be my current zip code.
1 comment:
We'd take you back in Boston, you know that. :)
Post a Comment