Saturday, June 5, 2010

Comforts

I know. Two post in one day!

Do you have a comfort food or item or place? I love Cream of Wheat, but it has to be runny. I also love Blue Bell Creme Pops. (Hard to come by outside of Texas) Chicken Salads from Cafe Rio. I know not from my childhood, but so many good memories during college from eating at Cafe Rio. . . . I have found a sign that just makes my heart happy here in New York. Call me crazy. But I grew up on Stone Creek Dr. I was born there. I was raised there. I left for college from there. I go back to visit there.

When I first went to check out my apartment once everything was official, I was heading there from Time Square and going with my now neighbor. Since he lives at 27th, I ended up getting off the train at his stop and walking with him and then on to my house. And we came across this place. The moment I saw the sign, I had this feeling like I was home again. It was weird. And I may or may not just walk down this street to see this sign!





PS. Yes, To me it is only a sign. One day, I might to eat there. And then it will be more than a sign.

No comments: