A friend posted the following article.
And ever since I read it, I keep thinking back on it. This idea of what kind of world will my children live in. My parents grew in a world that seems so foreign to me. My dad will be celebrating his 76th birthday this year, and was a little one during WWII and the Great Depression which seems like light years away to my upbringing in Plano during the 80s and 90s.
“In what kind of a world will I grow up? Lydia, age 10.”
What will it be like for my children. It kinda worries me to some degree. I know that in general, there is no use to worrying until there is something to actually worry about, aka having children. But as I interact with my favorite little people in CT, this thought has crossed my mind and heart more so lately.
Growing up in a very religious home and 'community,' learning and living with values was a huge part of ever day life, but I feel like in some regards the specific use of this vernacular is lost in general public, at least in generations close to mine.
. . .
I like this idea of sustainable values: values that inspire in us behaviors that literally sustain our relationships with one another, with our communities, with our institutions, and with our forests, oceans and climate. Maybe this is how we get it through those in big business, or what have you, to think beyond themselves but to act responsibly for the greater good. Not just personal good.
Love to hear your thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment