Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Transient Friend



In the transient world I live in, Im grateful for the few things that followed me through different apartments. Meet this little guy. He has been a fabulous house plant for the last 5 years of my life. When I first saw him, it was not love at first sight, but I knew he would be perfect. And that he has been. Three apartments in Boston, Cambridge, Hartford, and now Manhattan. He has traveled more than some people I have meet in my life.

I just feel bad that now I have him in a window less apartment, and he is growing towards the LED night light that is underneath him. A few years ago I started to think it would be nice to settle down and have a beautiful garden. But Im just glad to have my little one that has been with me for so many years.

Its about the little things in life, right?!

2 comments:

Amy-Alisa said...

I know, I keep expecting our little plant that has been with us for many years to finally just give up on me, but no matter how limp it becomes, it always bounces back. And made it cross country. It's a little tattered from children's fingers, but it's still kicking.

Lana said...

What the heck?! Every house plant I have dies!! WHY??